Tuesday 30 December 2014

The Two of Us by Andy Jones

Falling in love is the easy part. 
What matters most is what happens next... 
Fisher and Ivy have been an item for a whole nineteen days. 
And they just know they are meant to be together. 
The fact that they know little else about each other is a minor detail. 
Over the course of twelve months, in which their lives will change forever, Fisher and Ivy discover that falling in love is one thing, but staying there is an entirely different story. 
The Two of Us is a charming, honest and heart-breaking novel about life, love, and the importance of taking neither one for granted.




The Two of Us by Andy Jones is published by Simon and Schuster in ebook format on 12 February 2015, the paperback version is published on 7 May 2015. The Two of Us follows on from Andy Jone's previous novel; Girl 99, which was published early in 2014.

Although I've not read Girl 99, this really does not matter, for The Two of Us is easily read as a stand-alone story, in fact it wasn't until I'd finished reading it that I discovered that it was a sequel.

The Two of Us is recommended for fans of One Day and The Rosie Project, which for me, was the first difficulty, as I am one of those rare breed who didn't really enjoy either of those books. I will probably be slated for saying this, but I often struggle with romantic comedy stories written by male authors (with the exception of Jonathan Harvey - whose writing I adore). However, I was pleasantly surprised by The Two of Us, it is a heart warming and funny novel that made me laugh, and tugged at my heartstrings in places.

Fisher and Ivy have been together for nineteen days. This is Fisher's story really, narrated by him, seen through his eyes. Those nineteen days have been great; with lots of sex. Fisher was very content, until Ivy seemed to change. The change is huge, and The Two Of  Us is the tale of how these two people deal with the consequences.

Fisher is a lad, and has been beautifully portrayed by the author. Sometimes he is annoying, sometimes he says or does something that really made me cross - but he's a guy, written by a guy, and he's pretty realistic. Ivy is a doll, I like her. I didn't always think she made the right decisions and sometimes she made me want to shout. Together, they make an interesting couple.

The Two of Us is a book that both male and female readers will enjoy, probably for different reasons, and I'd really enjoy talking to a male reader about the story, it would be great to get a male perspective, to see if they get anything different from the story than I did.

Warm, funny, characters that are real, including being annoying sometimes. An enjoyable, easy read that is light hearted around the outside, with a strong plot at the centre. I enjoyed this far more than either One Day, or The Rosie Project.

My thanks to Lovereading, Simon & Schuster and Books in the City for providing my review copy.



Andy Jones lives in London with his wife and two little girls. During the day he works in an advertising agency; at weekends and horribly early in the mornings, he writes fiction. 

Andy's new novel, The Two Of Us, is now available for pre-order.

Follow Andy on Twitter & Facebook:
@andyjonesauthor
facebook.com/andyjonesauthor 



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment