Friday 30 August 2013

Foodie Penpal Reveal - August 2013

Yes, it's that time of the month again.  Can you believe that it's the end of August already?  It's been such a lovely summer, I love the sunshine.

This month I sent some local Lincolnshire goodies to Hayley who lives in Irvine in Scotland.  Hayley doesn't have a blog, but I think that she enjoyed her treats.
My parcel came from Anna.  I'm not really sure where Anna lives, all I know is that she is somewhere in the UK.  It's always very exciting when the parcel arrives - opening it up with absolutely no idea what delights will be inside.  Anna really did me proud, she sent me a really lovely selection.

The Spice Tailor Spinach Curry Mix - I'd told Anna that I like spicy food, but not too hot.  This mix is really mild and Anna says it's really yummy too.  I'm looking forward to trying this one out - I'll do it with chicken I think.

Forest Feast Blueberries - because I'd said that I love fruit, Anna thought that these were a little different. They are, they are really really gorgeous.  The perfect snack, I think I may be addicted already!

Crespo Dry Black Olives - these were to satisfy my love of Greek things!  I've not actually tried these yet as I'm currently making my way through an over-large box of fresh olives and marinated garlic that I got from the Continental Market in Marshall's Yard last week, but I do like the dried olives and will be indulging just as soon as my fresh olives are finished.

Vegetable Kettle Chips - these are so so lovely and very moreish - a huge bag but I didn't stop eating until they were all gone.  A selection of parsnip, sweet potato and beetroot - perfect, just perfect!

Oh and then there were boiled sweets!   My guilty pleasure - I know I shouldn't, my dentist will probably curl up in a ball and cry, but I just love boiled sweets.  I always have a bag of sweeties in the car.  Anna sent two whole jars full.  Fizzy Lemons and (my all time favourites) Pear Drops.  Old fashioned wonderfulness!

All in all, a great parcel from Anna - she did very well.

I love being part of Foodie Penpals - it's like Christmas every month.  If you'd like to find out a bit more, or maybe take part yourself, check out the joining instructions over at the Rock Salt blog.


 

2 comments: