Thursday 17 November 2011

Comfort And Spice: Recipes for Modern Living by Niamh Shields

Niamh Shields is the person behind the food blog Eat Like A Girl and Comfort And Spice, from Quadrille Publishing is her recipe book that complements the blog.


The book is beautifully presented, my copy is somewhere between a hardback and a paperback, with the cover made from a cardboard material which folds out inside and contains some wonderful colour pictures.  The majority of the recipes are illustrated and each one has an introduction from Niamh, telling the reader about the dish, it's history and what it means to her.



The recipes are easy to follow, with simple, easily found ingredients and every one that I have tried so far has been delicious.


I'm a massive fan of cooking with pork and so is Niamh, I especially love slow cooked belly of pork and have recently tried pig's cheeks for the first time - Niamh is passionate about the use of these ingredients and there are some great new ways of cooking them described in the book.








This had already become one of my favourite cookery books - I'm looking forward to more from Niamh.

1 comment: