Saturday 15 October 2011

My Poor Blog!


Oh my poor blog has been neglected lately.   We've been back from our holiday for over a week but it's been non-stop since we arrived home.   The holiday was wonderful, we went to the island of Kos.  We always holiday in Greece at this time of the year, but usually in the Ionian Islands but we've often had dodgy weather, so this year we decided to go a little further, and we were not disappointed.  The weather was gorgeous, with temperatures in the low 30s every day, with a little breeze to cool us off.
Of course, I read lots of books whilst we were away, we also saw a lot of the island - it's only small and the local bus service was great, and cheap.
Hand picked fruit from the garden



We had a lovely apartment in a gorgeous garden with loads of fruit trees - I picked my own pomegranates, figs, passion fruit, oranges and lemons and enjoyed them so much.  So much nicer to eat directly from the tree.
The Mayflower Apartments


We stayed in the Mayflower Apartments in the small town of Tigaki.  Tigaki has just enough places to eat and drink, with lots of tourist shops and a beautiful beach that goes on for mile.


All in all, it was a fabulous break, I can't wait for our next trip away.

2 comments:

  1. Hi this news is exactly what I search. I share to your website to my facebook. Thank you update daily this blog will go to peak thanks bye… By

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time. I think blog neglect is quite widespread at the moment, everyone seems to be busy all of a sudden,

    ReplyDelete